The Product Manager's primarily responsible for ensuring the TX, NOLA and OK region is organized to develop sustainable sales of one or several value added products (VAP), which involves understanding the market, defining the offer, developing the marketing mix (product, price production network, promotion), coordinating with Operations and Quality Control, and coaching the Sales team to include Managers, Representatives, Coordinators and Gatekeepers. The Product Manager will be responsible for increasing sales and profitability of the product and developing a constant flow of innovation.
• Develops a clear understanding of the market through building relationships with key national specifiers, organizing market surveys and focus groups.
• Develops forecasts and market estimation.
• Defines the products; enlarges the range in agreement with Region recommendations
• Deals with key suppliers for his/her product (specific admixtures, fibers, colors, specific equipment, complementary products, colored aggregates merchants,etc.)
• Coordinates with Quality Control to ensure product quality is appropriate
• Ensures that QC department is lobbying in standards
• Builds partnerships with potential co-development partners
• Recommends price and margin levels and checks recommendations are adopted by all markets
• Drives promotional activities such as production of marketing materials, organizing local, national and international events, and identifying the right channels for promotion.
• Works with Operations to identify the proper plants to produce products
• Prepares deployment plan and follows up.
• Organizes and manages management committees for product (steering, operating, technical committees).
• Maintains project management documents such as business plans, planning and action plans.
• Prepares support documents for Sales team and VAP Specialists (cheat sheets, reference lists and job site pictures)
• Facilitates training sessions
• Analyzes sales statistics and challenges General Manager on performance regarding product
• Assists the General Manager in building the market area action plan regarding VAP
• Benchmarks the market areas performance (volume, margins, penetration)
• Communicates internally to promote product
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
• Works directly with Quality Control to ensure product quality is appropriate
• Regularly communications with suppliers.
• Maintains regular contact with Sales Manager and Distribution Manager to determine customer service and staffing required to meet customer demands.
• Interfaces regularly with Human Resources to communicate changes in staffing requirements, and to coordinate efforts for improving and addressing labor relations issuesWorks with quality control team to ensure adequate plant performance, and assists with product quality troubleshooting as needed.
• Regularly communicates via phone, email or in person with customers, community members, and business stakeholders to ensure service expectations are met and exceeded.
• Contributes to Team Effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, Civil or Structural Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum of five (5) Years of Sales/Marketing Experience
• Contractor/Specifier Experience
• Previous knowledge of targeted market
• Ability to structure actions
• Strong project management experience
• Ability to engage all departments in action plans
• Need to have a natural credibility
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
Travel Requirements: Local travel throughout DFW (Dallas, TX) area
Computer and Software Skills:
Proficiency in ERP systems (i.e. SAP), Google mail, and the Microsoft Suite to include PowerPoint, Excel and Word, and an aptitude for specialized computer software and applcations.