The Operations Manager is responsible for driving employee productivity, operational efficiency, customer service levels, employee retention, and satisfaction by overseeing and managing operations within the Aggregates product line.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Translates customer requirements into state-of-the-art production strategies and processes resulting in cost- effective processing and the profitable manufacture of company products.
• Assists in developing operations-related plans, budgets, and policies and procedures.
• Supervises employees, monitors activities and satisfies reporting requirements in accordance with Company's policies.
• Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers by addressing issues, questions or concerns in a timely manner
• Responds to and maintains positive employer-employee relationships that contribute to satisfactory productivity, motivation and morale
• Prevents and resolves problems involving individuals which arise out of or affect work situations
• Motivates employees and builds effective teams
• Responsible for attainment of revenue and profit goals for the area
• Ensures adherence to budget and optimizes processes to achieve greater operational effectiveness
• Contributes to departmental cost control
• Monitors operational effectiveness through analysis of Key Performance Indicators
• Communicates and promotes safety, compliance and environmental requirements in alignment with Company standards
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree with 7 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of relevant experience.
Additional Education Preferred: Master's/Graduate Degree MBA
Field of Study Preferred: Operations Management, Business, Civil Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent experience
Required Work Experience: Minimum of 7 years of operations/production-related management experience in the construction materials, or a related industry or 10 years of relevant experience with High School Diploma/GED.
Required Training/Certifications: Licenses Preferred:
Required Computer and Software Skills: Proficiency in Google mail, Proficiency in Microsoft Suite to include PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Travel Requirements: Frequent local travel to plants for which responsible. 20% Other
• Excellent people skills and strong potential for leadership development
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and deal effectively with people using a facilitative approach
• Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent communication/leadership skills
• Strong understanding of financials and performance metrics
• Strong knowledge of and understanding related to company products, processes and equipment