- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Support and maintain the plant safety program through day-to-day safety contacts with employees and department safety meetings, ensure assigned work areas are safe and safety requirements are observed.
- Review operational control policies and procedures, update to current standard and communicate with affected departments and employees.
- Monitor all process operations to maximize production rates while meeting quality targets.
- Maintain environmental compliance at all times, taking action as necessary to operate within facility permitted limits.
- Supervise 3rd party service including refractory removal and installation, mechanical or electrical maintenance as needed.
- Manage process materials in accordance with work instruction including but not limited to raw materials, fuels, semi and finished products, and any waste stream.
- Identify, isolate and report any deviation from internal product specification.
- Manage equipment failure and process upset conditions to minimize cost and downtime.
- Assign housekeeping duties and maintain plant areas as required.
- Ensure mill operation is in compliance with government and company safety standards .
- Ensure the regular inspection and evaluation of all operating equipment to maintain production requirements
- Provide health & safety expertise and support to site management and supervisors for the management of H&S.
- Support and challenge the line in defining and prioritizing the actions to implement long term country and site H&S strategy.
- Use and provide health & safety knowledge and experience to help site drive behavioral changes in the business to reduce incidents and become an industry world reference in H&S.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Will work with Production Coordinators in both plants for the purpose of performing his/her job. This includes but is not limited to learning the process, quality and production needs of both plants and being able to step up into those positions when needed.