- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Strict adherence to all Lafarge Safety Directives striving to achieve ZERO Lost Time Accidents, Medical and First Aid Incidents.
- Customer service, together with providing the final quality control check of the product, are the major factors at the terminal. The manner in which trucks are expedited, customers handled, and activities conducted are vital to providing efficient service to customers.
- Maintaining terminal buildings and equipment in good condition and operating equipment safely is vital to continued employment.
- Efficient handling of product in both receiving and shipping is essential to efficient terminal operations.
- Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures - communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law
- Responsible for the unloading of barges and or railcars, transferring of the products into proper silos, sampling and testing of products received and shipped.
- Loads bulk unit trucks correctly, providing legal weights and proper product for customer delivery or pick up.
- Responsible for safe, proper use and operation of unloading equipment (vibrators, compressors, front-end loader, blowers, pumps, vacuum systems, barge moving equipment, railcar mover, pneumatic door opener, boot lifts, hoisting equipment, etc.).
- Processes Bill of Ladings.
- Proficient in trouble shooting terminal equipment failures
- Performs basic computer based office functions and generate requested reports.
- Assumes responsibilities for terminal operation during absence of supervisor.
- Maintains the terminal in a clean and presentable state.
- Leadership role with routine maintenance and reports of equipment as directed.
- Assist at other LafargeHolcim locations as required.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
LICENSE TO LEAD – OH&S COMPETENCIES
- Implements OH&S Mission: Ensures alignment of OH&S activities arising from OpCo OH&S mission
- Ensures adequate OH&S organization: Ensures relevant actions are taken so that OH&S requirements are met
- Identifies Hazards & Control Risks: Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are implemented thoroughly
- Manages Incidents: Drives committed and effective incident management
- Applicable to Manager Level or above only: Execute and monitor all respective internal controls, ensuring efficient/effective activities that support organizational objectives, while adhering to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Applicable to Analyst level or below only: Ensure compliance with internal control procedures - communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
LafargeHolcim and Aggregate Industries are committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation; gender identity protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.