KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 1-3 years
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of post-secondary technical education or equivalent in experience.
- At least two years of experience as materials Q.C. Laboratory Technician preferred.
- Illinois DOT Aggregate Technician Certificate or the ability to obtain within 3 months.
- Mine Safety and Health Administration Certificate (MSHA) Or the ability to obtain in 6 mo through LafargeHolcim training
- Availability and willingness to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends to meet customer needs.
- This position requires as an essential function:
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs over uneven ground for a distance of 300 ft
- Dependable attendance
- The ability to get along with co-workers at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to pass the post offer physical examination and pre-employment drug screening
- Maintain a plant diary documenting weather conditions, amterial produced, samples taken, problems, corrective actions and general comments related to quality.
- Educates customers in proper application of all LafargeHolcim products.
- Job coordinator for on-site quality control work as needed.
- Assist salesmen, superintendents and managers as required.
- Customer service with regards to testing and product information.
- Completion of testing in a timely manner.
- Responsible for own ongoing maintenance, calibration and calibration documentation of testing equipment.