The Production Supervisor for the Whitehall cement plant, will support and maintain the plant safety program through day-to-day contacts with employees and department meetings, ensure assigned work areas are safe and requirements are observed.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Maintain continual observation of operation of all the various processes through recordings and indications of the control system, monitors and visual observation when necessary.
• Supervise process and hourly employees and work closely with lab technicians.
• Ensure that quality and environmental ISO standards are met.
• Assure that a consistent, quality product is being produced through interaction with the quality control department and through the review of laboratory test results on clinker and cement.
• Take corrective action as necessary and report and recommend solutions for production problem areas.
• Assure the regular inspection and evaluation of all operating equipment to help maintain production requirements.
• Use SAP system to issue work and material requisitions, hourly employee time entry and other required system information.
• Work to keep costs related to work in line with the plant budget and be alert for ways to reduce costs of operations, maintenance and repairs.
• Ensure good housekeeping is maintained in assigned work areas.
• Will be required to work rotating shift.
• Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
• Reports to the Production Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study Preferred: Industry related field preferred
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years in cement operation