- Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner.
- Ensures vehicle is operated and maintained according to best practices.
- Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and LafargeHolcim operations.
- Coordinates and train the haulers on our safety procedures.
- Inspects safety compliance of the haulers on our sites. Manages Transportation Safety Programs.
- Provides customer focus for the logistics trucking team.
- Reinforces the needs of the customers.
- Continuously develops offerings to differentiate LafargeHolcim as the supplier of choice.
- Assists team in building solid relationships with key existing and potential customers in market.
- Internal Customer is the decorative stone yard.
Customer Service and Logistics
- Understand all external and internal customer needs and requirements.
- Provide logistical support to all customers.
- Be familiar with truck based Logistics.
- Monitors haulers’ contract fulfilment and documentation compliance.
- Addresses haulers complaints with the help, if needed, of the Customer Service & Logistics Manager.
- Assist Dispatcher(s) in coordination of carriers 24/7.
- In emergencies, provide relief to other trucking related staff.
- Coordinate truck usage and truck movements, and assist with the strategy for delivery to quarries, agg yards, cement terminals and customer sites.
- Meet locally with all haulers and operations and sales to ensure the highest quality of safety, service and efficiency of operations.
- Coordinate and communicate daily with all interested parties.
- Coordinate and communicate safety ratings on haulers. Other duties as assigned.
- Be familiar with and oversee the daily administration functions including customer delivered orders AP, monitor daily truck schedules and usage.
- Oversees the set up and maintenance of trucks, trucking vendors, zones, rates, and employees.
- Monitor and correct P&L errors monthly.
- Coordinate with billing on freight related billing errors.
- Resolve freight billing issues. Prepare monthly KPI reports.
- Manage a team of 17 weigh masters and 1 weigh master coordinator.
Strategic Planning Coordination
- Assist in the formulation of the trucking logistics strategies and the determination of core carriers and other types of partnerships with haulers.
- Must have the ability to assist in the control of daily trucking costs and review and analyze monthly revenue and expenses.
Truck Freight Quotations
- Maintain and analyze large project quotations.
- Provide quotations for truck based transportation.
- Evaluate and understand delivered cost of Agg to sites.
- Manage and use market knowledge to ensure reliable costing options.
Truck Contract Negotiation
- Assist in contract negotiations of fixed plants and RFP’s where applicable.
- Assists Customer Service & Logistics Manager with details and in negotiations for finding lowest cost and most efficient means to deliver aggregates.
- Understand, negotiate, and coordinate carrier agreement changes with procurement, legal, and regional personnel.
- Aid in preparing annual budgets and business plans with sound strategy/rationale.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Works closely with the Logistics team, including the Customer Service & Logistics Manager, Dispatchers, Plant Managers, Commercial Managers, Territory Managers, Finance Managers, Weigh masters, and counterparts in the market area.