KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience:
- Two (2) years relevant experience
- Basic math skills, basic English language skills and ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and deal with simple problems from standardized situations.
Required Computer and Software Skills: Proficiency with computer systems .
Travel Requirements: Minimal, some local
- Ability to detect safety hazards and equipment malfunctions and respond accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear.
- The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently shovel for 3 minutes with an 8 lb. shovel, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, confined space, outside weather conditions, low lighting, artificial lighting, and explosives. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, proximity to electrical equipment, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally