The Sales Manager promotes the use of Metro Mix/Aggregate Industries products in the Denver, CO territory. Responsible for the sales function for the Ready-Mix product line, including analytics, presenting, client relationship management, business and revenue generation.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Responsible for client interface and presentations as well as management of all current and new projects
• Responsible for client retention and identification of new revenue streams
• Build upon client relationships and ensure a smooth creation, execution, assessment, and ongoing enhancement of customer's needs
• Maintain market information related to competition, future opportunities and market trends in business unit
• Creates clear business strategy for key accounts (e.g. increase share, account penetration, protect existing base)
• Provide operational guidance and issue resolution for client business
• Tracking and management of major sales opportunities as they progress through the selling process
• Establish annual budgets for marketing and sales expenses and enforce budgetary controls
• Prepare monthly/quarterly reporting information showing results to-date; forecast/reforecast to year-end comparing with prior year-end and budget
• Represent company in industry organizations including participating actively in trade associations
• Interaction with credit and billing to ensure smooth invoicing and appropriate DSO
• Provide assistance to Credit Manager and work with that team to ensure collections targets are met
• Work to protect the company’s receivables on all contracts to limit bad debt exposure
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Work Experience: 7-10 years sales & management experience, 5 years management experience preferred.
Preferred Computer and Software Skills: Microsoft & SAP
Travel Requirements: Frequent local travel required to company and customer sites in the regional area.
Minimal overnight travel required.
Licenses Preferred: Valid Driver’s License
• In-depth knowledge and experience of customer relationship marketing and alliance partnerships
• Demonstrated ability to identify new business in alignment with company strategy
• Solid project management skills to gather and analyze customer insight research, develop and design marketing strategies and implement campaigns
• Deep product knowledge, specifications and applications
• Solid understanding of industry logistics and technologies
• Strong sales team management and coaching skills to develop sales team competencies
• Structured approach to sales activity management and accountability
• Proven leadership skills combined with strong communications and interpersonal skills