The primary objective of this position is to improve the efficiency and productivity of the LafargeHolcim workforce, service companies & contractors. This will be accomplished by providing the employees with detailed job plans, including technical specifications, machinery history, parts and tools lists, and safety procedures in a very organized fashion. As well as by reviewing each work order and job site to insure that the work is reasonable and valid, that no influencing constraints are present and that all the preparatory works are performed before job scheduling.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all workenvironments and areas.
• The Maintenance Planner is responsible to prepare all planned activities that have to be executed by theLafargeHolcim employees, service companies or contractors. In that role, the Planner will work closely with the Maintenance Staff team on the following tasks and responsibilities in order to reinforce the day-to-daypreparation and job planning.
• Add pertinent information to the work order, as required, to facilitate the comprehension of the execution team.
• Define clearly the scope of work to be performed.
• Establish the preparatory work required prior to scheduled equipment down time.
• Develop a detailed job plan with all the work sequences involved to adequately complete the repairs, as wellas equipment downtime and man-hours required.
• Determine and list all the safety procedures associated with the work to be performed.
• Develop a tool list specific to the job to be performed.
• Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact location for every work order and ensure that all requiredparts are in stock before job scheduling.
• Ensure all technical specifications and special instructions are provided on paper to the Supervisor andtradesmen.
• Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each work order.
• Request all non-stock parts and materials as required by the job plan.
• Inform the Maintenance Coordinator when a job is ready for scheduling.
• Establish and maintain with the supervisors and the stores department, a system for proper storage of pre-works and parts for pending work.
• Assist in annual budgeting process and monthly forecasting.
• Ensure shutdown plans fall within budgeted costs.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
• The Maintenance Planner reports to the Methods Engineer who reports to the Maintenance Manager whoreports to the Plant Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree with at least 3 years of required experience or at least 6 years with High School Diploma/GED.
Field of Study Preferred: Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience: Experience in cement manufacturing or related industry.
Required Computer and Software Skills: Microsoft Office
Travel Requirements: 0-10%